Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Summer Learning Journey day 4, task 1

Hello fellow bloggers
In this Learning Journey task all I had to do was pick 3 waiata's to listen to and pick my favourite one. The waiata's I listened to are called Tiaho Mai Ra, Poi-E and E Papa Waiari. My favourite waiata is Tiaho Mai Ra because the tune is very nice. Here is the lyrics in Maori, the lyrics in English.
Tiaho mai rā                                           
Te whetu o te ata
Kopu i te ao,
Pareārau i te pō
Ka tu te ao marama
he ao hara
Tu mai rā koe hei tohu i ahau,
Tu mai rā koe hei tohu i ahau,
E kore te aroha,
E kaupare noa
Hoki mai rā ki ahau, e te tau.
Hoki mai rā ki ahau, e te tau.

Tiaho mai rā
Te whetu o te ata
Kopu i te ao,
Pareārau i te pō
Ka tu he o marama
he ahara
Tu mai rā koe hei tohu i ahau,
Tu mai rā koe hei tohu i ahau     

Shining over there 

Is the morning star 
Venus in the dawn, 
Saturn in the night 
The full moon is rising
Above a sinful world
You rise up there as a sign to me  
You rise up there as a sign to me...  

...that love does not 
Randomly turn away. 
Come back to me my darling
Come back to me my darling 

Shining over there 
Is the morning star 
Venus in the dawn, 
Saturn in the night 
The full moon is rising a
Above a sinful world
You rise up there as a sign to me  
You rise up there as a sign to me.  



                       


4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Louisa,

    That's a great waiata you've chosen. My favourite is Poi E because it reminds me of my trip to Fiji when I was at school. We visited students at schools in Fiji and sang Poi E to them. Have you ever been overseas?

    Nga mihi
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia,

      Thanks for commenting on my blog. Yes I have been overseas to Australia, we travelled all around Australia and I went on a cruise around the Pacific Islands.
      From Louisa

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Louisa,

    Wow, it sounds like you have done some great traveling over the past few years. Did you enjoy the cruise around the Pacific Islands? My family recently went to Tonga and we had a great time. It was very relaxing to spend the day on the beach, swimming, reading and watching a pod of whales swim by. What was your favourite place to visit on the cruise?

    I hope that you and your family are having a lovely holiday time together. Georgia, Dani and I will look forward to reading more of your blog posts when you have time to re-join the journey.

    Until then, Miri Kirihimete and all the best for 2018!

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ni hao Louisa,
    my name is Cia. I am a Ako Hiko Summer Learning Journey blogger who will be working with various bloggers over the summer break.

    Wow, you ‘ve listened to some very special waiata, I love how you expressed why you love Tiaho Mai Ra. The song you chose happens to be one of my favourites, I absolutely adore Tiaho Mai Ra and I love to sing it while playing the guitar.

    Perhaps next time you could post a video or audio clip of the song, so people who may not have heard it can give it a listen! Do you know who wrote this song? Whoever did is awfully talented!

    I’m looking forward to reading more of your work, so remember to keep posting!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i ('See you again' in Samoan),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete