Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Summer Learning Journey catchup

Hi fellow bloggers!
This is a big blog post on all of the posts I missed out on doing because I was camping. Here are the tasks.

Week 1 day 5
Activity 1
In this activity all I had to do was translate some maori sentences into english. Here is my task.

Sentence in Maori

1.Nau mai ki Aotearoa.
2.Ko Louisa toku ingoa.
3.He aha to ingoa?
4.He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro.
5.No hea koe?

Sentence in English
1.Welcome to New Zealand. 2.Louisa is my name.
3.What your name?
4.I like to play rugby.
5.Where do you come from?

Week 1 day 5
Bonus activity
In this activity it's about the Commonwealth games and the 1966 heavyweight boxer Bill Kini.
All I had to do was write 4 questions I would ask Bill Kini in an interview. Here are my questions.
1. What was it like going to the Commonwealth games for the first time, was it exiciting, amazing or nervous?
2. Was it hard in the boxing ring?
3. Would you do it again?
4. Was it hard training for the games or was it easy?

Week 2

Week 2 day 1
Task 1
In this activity I had to find a Cathedral on the Internet. I had to find out these 4 things about the Cathedral: The name of the cathedral, where the cathedral is located, when it was built, and how long it took to build. Here is the cathedral I chose.

Westminster Abbey
Image result for Westminster Abbey

This Cathedral is called Westminster Abbey. Westminster Abbey is located in Westminster, London. This building was built in 1090. I can not find out how long it took to build Westminster Abbey.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Louisa,

    I’m Dani, one of the blog commenters here at the Summer Learning Journey. I mainly work in the Kaikohekohe (Northland) cluster, so you might see me commenting on a few of your blogs as well as other students Summer Learning Journey blogs.

    You have done a great job, translating the phrases! Did you know any of them or did you need to Google Translate for all of them?

    Tino pai! You have thought of some interesting questions to interview Bill Kini with. Did you know after he moved to Whangarei in 1980, he worked behind the scenes of the Northland rugby team for over a decade! He also won a silver medal in the 81-91 kg at the Commonwealth Games in 1962. He won the gold medal, four years later in the same division. If you had the chance to compete at the Commonwealth Games which event would you choose to compete in?

    You have picked a very beautiful cathedral to write about. Why did you decide on Westminster Abbey? It was actually rebuilt during the 1500s and the towers were added in the 1700s. I remember watching the royal wedding in 2011 and looking at Westminster and thinking about how gorgeous the architecture and the stained glass windows are.

    I look forward to reading more blogs from you soon!

    -Dani

    ReplyDelete