Pages

Monday, December 18, 2017

Summer Learning Journey day 1, task 1, 2 and the bonus activity

Task 1
Hi fellow bloggers,
I am doing the Summer Learning Journey this summer. My first task was to read the myth Maui and the giant fish. Once I had read the story I had to write three facts about Maui. Here are my three facts.

1. Maui is very brave.
2. Maui has faith in himself.
3. Maui will never give up no matter how hard it is.

Other Maui myths I know: How Maui slowed the sun & How Maui brought fire to the world.

Task 2
This is task 2 for day 1. In this task I had to write a letter to my friend about how I feel about moving to a new country. Here is my letter to my friend.

Dear Sara,
I am moving to a new country by waka. I am nervous because I don't know how long it's going to take to get to the country. The waka might even tip over.
From Louisa

Bonus activity
In this activity I had to watch a video of a Waka Ama race and explain why or why not I would like to do a Waka Ama race. Here is what I think about a Waka Ama race.

I would like to do a Waka Ama race. It looks like a lot of fun.

4 comments:

  1. wow Louisa I haven't started yet but I'm getting to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louisa,
    Your Summer Learning Journey looks amazing,well done!
    From Indi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Louisa!

    Awesome work with Day 1's activities! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to comment, it's been a busy day. The facts about Maui that you've posted are great, and are important life lessons that you should remember, especially never giving up no matter how hard it is. That would be great to keep in your mind if you find any of the Summer Learning Journey activities hard.

    Do you think a Waka Ama race would be hard? Do you have any friends at school that would make good team mates in a race with you?

    Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to checking in again tomorrow to see your other activities.

    Nga mihi
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi louisa
    You are doing well:)
    Cheek out my blog.
    From Sara

    ReplyDelete