Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 1

To learn more cool facts about New Zealand, check out the Tourism NZ website. Read the fun facts posted on the website and choose your ‘Top 3.’ On your blog, post your ‘Top 3 Fun Facts’ about NZ in your own words.
My Hometown - Ohaeawai, North Island, New Zealand

What's special about my hometown?
Well, I have a list of excellent things, here is the list

  1. There are a couple of shops, like - a dairy, a mechanic, a cafe. Basically your simple needs in a small town.

  1. There are two preschools, one backs onto the primary school and the other is behind the car park for the primary school. They are both great preschools for any child to go to.

  1. The primary school, my old primary school, I’m going to high school in 2019. This primary school has a lot to offer, also it is a device included school. At year four children will get a chromebook to prepare for their future. From then on most work is done on their chromebooks.


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Louisa,

    I’m Dani, I work with Georgia who visited your school and Georgia E in the Kaikohekohe cluster apart of the Summer Learning Journey. It’s great to see that you have worked hard over the holiday break and completed a heap of activities! As some of us have been on holiday over the break so it may take us a wee while to comment on all of your blog posts. But I promise that we see all the hard work you are putting, keep it up!

    Did you learn anything about New Zealand from the facts on the New Zealand Tourism website? I learnt that New Zealand was once considered a part of New Zealand! I also didn’t know how tall the Sky Tower was. Have you ever been up the Sky Tower? I went up a few years ago and I was freaked out when my friends starting jumping on the glass!

    Ohaeawai is a great little town! It’s great that you were able to work on Chromebooks for a few years, back when I was in year four we only had three very old computers in the back of our class. If we wanted to all do something on the computer we needed to book in at the computer room. I’m sure you will look back on your time at Ohaeawai fondly. Which high school have you decided to go to?

    I look forward to reading more of your blogs soon!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete