Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

SLJ Week 1 Day 3

On your blog, post a description of your beast. Use interesting adjectives (describing words) to tell us about your beast.
My beast has got a dragon face, like a night fury with horns. It’s middle area is robot body. Finally, it has scaly dinosaur end to its interesting body.

On your blog list three pros (good things) and three cons (bad things) about working as a DOC ranger. At the bottom of your post, tell us whether you would like to be a DOC Ranger or not.
I only did one for each.
1 Pro about being a DOC employee
  1. Different jobs to do
1 Con about being a DOC employee
  1. There are only some places where you can work





Once you have watched the video, go to your blog and, using full sentences, tell us:
1) The name of the animal the WWF is working to save.
2) What the WWF is doing to help the animal.

One of the animals that WWF are saving are freshwater seals. WWF are building snow banks on the lakes for the seals to use.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Louisa,

    Wow, your beast sounds like it has a very interesting body. Have you thought of a name for your beast? Your beast sounds quite scary! I imagine your beast is very tough and strong. It’s great that you have thought of one reason for and one reason against working as a DoC ranger. Is there any other reasons that you can think of? If you can add two more pros and two more cons, I can give you full points for this activity. Do you think you would like to be a DoC ranger? I think I would like to be a DoC ranger because it would mean I get to explore different parts of our beautiful country.


    Did you enjoy watching the video about the seals? I think the WWF volunteers are amazing for taking the time to help the seals. Do you think that the volunteers made a difference to the seals? If I had the chance to work for the WWF, I think I would try about help stop poaching of Sumatran tigers. What animal would you like to help?


    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts soon!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete