Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

SLJ Week 1 Day 5

On your blog tell us whether you think logging should be allowed in New Zealand. Be sure to provide at least two reasons to support your argument.

Have you ever wondered what logging in New Zealand can do? Well, I have and I think logging in NZ should not be allowed. Kia ora, I’m Louisa Joyce and I’m here to tell you why logging should be banned in New Zealand. My reasons are as followed.

First off, logging should be banned in NZ because of what we’re doing to animals habitats. Imagine if the animals were breaking our houses so they could have more space, would you like that? The animals probably don’t like us cutting down their homes either.

The final reason, trees provide oxygen for us to breath, so the more trees we cut down the less oxygen we have to breath. Really the trees are doing us a favour by giving us oxygen, so we should give them the will to keep growing.

So now do you agree with me? We should ban logging in NZ because we cut down animals habitats and trees do us a big favour. So let’s ban logging in New Zealand!



On your blog, write a letter to your best friend or a family member telling them about your trip to the tundra. To earn full points your letter must have a greeting (eg. Dear…) followed by 5 – 6 sentences of information about what your experience.
Dear Mum,
The tundras were pretty cold, my classmates and I could barely survive the chilling temperature. Tundra is an area of land (biome) that is quite cold. Did you know that the tundras average temperature is -25℃. I didn’t know how we could breath if the tundras were tree less. Sadly in the last few years the tundras temperature have been rising and the weather has been changing, soon no one will be able to visit the beautiful sights tundra has to offer.
Love from Louisa








On your blog, post a description of life in New Zealand in 2018. Please remember that the people who read your post will have never been to New Zealand or even seen a picture so it is your job to ‘paint a picture’ of New Zealand using your words. You can also post pictures, if you wish. Be sure to fully attribute the pictures.

New Zealand is a beautiful country with nice beaches and great skiing fields. Since I have travelled all over New Zealand I know pretty much everything. There are to islands that create New Zealand, the North Island and the South Island. The North Island is a simple island with lots of greats things to see and do. One of the North Island's greatest activities is Tongariro National Park, with great skiing fields it is located near Lake Taupo, the center of the North Island. The South Island is a scenic area with lots of things to do like go on the TranzAlpine express in Christchurch. Overall New Zealand is a great country to visit!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Louisa!

    It is wonderful to see you have completed activities from the Summer Learning Journey! You have been very busy, I am so impressed. Which browser do you use at home (safari, chrome etc.) as in some of your other posts haven't loaded properly on my computer and I think I may need to use the same browser as you.

    I enjoyed reading your reasons for being against logging. I think you made some very valid points and highlighted the importance of trees to both animals and humans survival. Have you heard of the One Billion Trees Programme? The NZ Government has set a goal to plant 1 Billion trees by 2028 to help protect the environment and mitigate climate change. I think this is a step in the right direction.

    Your letter to your Mum was very well written, great job. I like that you included some interesting facts about the Tundra, however, it is very sad the impact that climate change may be having on beautiful places like the Tundra.

    Your description of New Zealand is fabulous! I think it is very cool that we have two islands and that they are quite different from each other. I visited some friends in Queenstown last January and it was quite incredible the difference in scenery there in comparison to Northland.

    Keep up the great work Louisa and I look forward to seeing more of your blog posts soon! Please let me know what browser you use so I can see the images you have uploaded.

    Cheers, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete