Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

Speech Competition

Hi bloggers!
On the 20th of June it is the Rotary Speech Competition. Our school is entering 2 or 3 people in the speech competition. I am praying one of those 3 is me! My speech is about why we should employ people instead of robots in the future. Here is my speech.

First they took over factory jobs next they are expected to be mortgage brokers! Yes. Robots are now being employed instead of YOU! Employment is when you have a job like being a banker or working at a shop and you get paid money. Well guess what I believe, I believe we should employ people instead of robots in the future, you just got a degree to listen to me. Hi my name is Louisa Joyce and I will be talking about the future of employment. My supporting ideas are on the way.

Firstly, What do you think you would turn into if you didn’t have a job? A smart educated person living the life of a movie star or a couch potato? I know I would want to be the person living the life of a movie star. About eight hundred million jobs could be replaced by 2030 and guess what is going to take them over, ROBOTS! Scientists are already building robots to live with people, which could increase to the robots doing the easy things for you like making toast or turning the oven down. Mind you they probably already do that. So we would probably become the couch potato watching movies all day unless, we were all exported into space by robots. Hey they could do that!

Secondly, I think that the only two jobs humans could be employed in would be building robots and fixing them. That might not be everyone’s hobby, it might not even be yours, or yours, or yours. Do you know anybody who builds robots? Lots of people are building robots for Google and IRobot. So it’s 2018 right? Well guess what in 2019 one point four million industrial robots will be installed in factories. That’s only one year away! It will also lose millions of jobs!

Finally, What would happen if we we let the robots take over most of the jobs? Who would make all of the decisions a human or a robot? Who would be the Prime Minister, the principal of my school, the owner of Apple! Ahh! My mind might blow soon. I don’t want to be ruled by a robot or get my identity stolen by a robot that looks exactly like me. One Canadian business has already revealed that a computer is doing the job of a human resources department. As I said before robots could blast us into space oneday and this is how it happens. A robot turns evil, gets a troop of ROBOTS, uses one of the spaceships that WE built before THEY took over and blasts us into space.

Now what do you think, I’ve put you on the spot? Do you think we should employ people instead of robots in the future, because you could turn into a “wonderful” couch potato, only one hundred thousand of us would be employed and those overtaking bots could make the decisions. Wake up world! People need jobs not those mechanical, malignant, maleficent robots!

No comments:

Post a Comment