Pages

Friday, May 19, 2017

Moment in time

Kia orana bloggers. I hope you had a wonderful week 3. This week we have been learning about similes and metaphors. We have been writing a moment in time that has to at least use one metaphor, one simile and all the punctuation has to be correct. To make a simile you need either a than, as or a like in it. But not every sentence that has a than, as or a like in it is a simile. Pretty tricky. Metaphors are a sentence that says something that someone is like: My mum is a loving heart. Once we wrote our moment in time we had to make something interesting to present it. I made my own mothers weekly. See if you can spot the metaphor and the simile. Here it is:

3 comments:

  1. I really liked your last line and you did a great job on the similes and metaphors. Your mum will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louisa I really enjoyed reading your story. your mum will love this. it sounds like you had a good mothers day.

    ReplyDelete